Knit by Night

Sunday, September 18, 2005

First post evar!

Good, a decent knitting blog that I can use, where I can post pictures and not have people on LiveJournal complain that I'm clogging up their Friends list. I'd also been looking into a better place than LiveJournal to host this thing anyway.

So, as this is a first posting, I feel I ought to introduce myself. My name is Winter, and I'm a knitting addict. I'm not very experienced, or very quick, but practice will make perfect, and at least I'm not afraid to try new things. I'm 21, living in Canada, working at Lewiscraft. As for furry companions, I have two cats and a rat, who are all big love-loving sweethearts.

I will be posting progress pictures and completed project pictures, but that first requires me to find my digital camera, which has gone AWOL. Once I rescue it from its hiding place, things will be better.

On a more knit-related note . . .

I started making the Christmas poncho today. Nothing too fancy or difficult, but it ought to end up pretty. I'm using King Cole Soft as Silk yarn, made with 100% premium (emphasis added as it says on the wrapper) acrylic, in periwinkle blue. How that's better than regular acrylic, I'm not sure. Still, it's good enough for the poncho, and I'm pretty sure the intended recipient will enjoy it.

It's still taking me a while to get used to 9 mm needles, though. They feel so big and clunky. I wish they were steel, but alas, they're rubber, which means it's easier on the yarn, more annoying on me. But work didn't have anything other than that, so I was stuck. Still, I can survive them, and that's the important thing.

With that in mind, I ought to get back to it. It's not going to knit itself, after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home