Knit by Night

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Guilty Pleasures.

I knit so much of Black Magic during the X-Files fest last night that it's agone from 1/4 done to 3/4 done. I'd say I have only another 6 inches, maybe less, to knit on it before I can wrap it up all pretty and wait to give it out as a Christmas gift.

Of course, this means that I'm sorely tempted to take it along to the knitting group today, instead of taking The Unnamed. But I have to be strong. The Unnamed needs to be completed too, and needs infinitely more work than Black Magic does. Besides, the sooner I get back into it, the sooner I stop feeling a bit resentful for having had to pull it all out when the dog screwed it up.

I'm really looking forward to starting on Sean's baby blanket. The only reason I'm waiting until Black Magic is done is because the two require the same needles. Though, if I knit that lacey pattern that I want to, I'd probably be able to start it now, come to think of it. Still, though, if I fall back on my old habits of having too many projects going at once, none of them will ever get finished, and since these are all Christmas gifts, they kinda need to get finished.

Boy, I wish I had my digital camera so that I could take pictures of these finished projects. It's driving me batty to not be showing them off. :p Mostly because I see pictures on all the other journals that I read, and you know me. I just want to be one of the cool crowd.

(Well, not really. Most 'cool' crowds really suck. But still, it seems to be this staple of knitting blogs, that one shows off pictures of what they're doing, and I won't be able to do that until we move again and unpack all of our stuff.)

On a different note, while I was out yesterday, I saw a novelty pen on sale at Colpitts Stationery, and looked just like Wendy's cat Lucy! I wanted to buy it and send it to her as a gift, but I'm not sure how well she'd take to giving out her address to a toal stranger . . . Even if this stranger has commented on her blog a few times.

Besides, I don't even know if I'll have the money to buy it on payday. I might, but there are no guarantees. If I can, then maybe I'll ask her if she has a PO box or something, just so I don't look like a complete stalker. *chuckles*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home