Knit by Night

Thursday, September 29, 2005

No title is good enough.

You know, there are a lot of amazing cheap yarns on EBay. If I managed to get the new job I'm hoping for, you can just bet that I'll be ordered yarn through there as often as I can. 10 50g skeins of alpaca/wool yarn for $17? Sold, to me!

Or, at least, it would be sold to me if I had the money for it.

However, once I start going to the gym and losing weight, my parents have promised me $10 for every pound I lose, so I may be able to get some things with that money. As I've said in various other places, meeting my target weight will net me $650 from them, which is a lot of money to throw into craft stupplies. Which is exactly what I will be doing with that money, by the way.

No knitting occured last night, because I spent half the night making many batches of cookies. Chocolate oatmeal. Yum. Today, however, I'm going to make up for it by finished Black Magic, come hell, high water, or yet more cookies! It's got about 4 more inches left on it, so I have no excuse for not doing it.

And since I've now found the perfect pattern for Sean's blanket, I'll be more than happy to start on it. Until I get the pattern repeats memorized, my night knitting will be The Unnamed again, since that's simple enough to remember. K1, *k1, yo, k2tog, rep from *, k1. Next row, K1, P to last, K1. Lather, rinse, and repeat. Nothing that requires any major concentration, and the more I do it, the more will get done.

And now, if you'll all excuse me, I'll go check to see if the mail has arrived, and then write a letter to Scottish Beth, my knitting penpal. Just because I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home