Knit by Night

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Procrastination? Not your friend.

I don't know why, but I haven't been able to get into the knitting mood these past few days. I managed to get a few inches done on Black Magic, but that's nothing complicated (it's a garter-stitch scarf, for crying out loud!), and certainly nothing to brag about. The less said about my progress on The Unnamed, the better!

Maybe it's because I've run out of things to do while knitting. I normally watch reruns of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I can only see the episodes so many times before putting them back on loses its appeal. I can't use the TV downstairs during the day very much, since Rachel's parents lay claim over it. We usually get it for an hour a night on weekends (to watch X-Files), and between 10 PM and 1 AM on weeknights. Other than that, I'm lucky if I get get it to provide minor entertainment for me while I knit during the day.

I need something new to watch. Rachel has ordered 5 seasons of X-Files, so I'm sure a good deal of those will keep me in happy knitting-ness when they get here, but until then . . . I want to knit! I really do! I just am hard-pressed to find anything else to do while I knit, and knitting without anything else to distract my mind and ears is hard for me. (I've developped a short attention span, which is annoying as hell for me when I have so many long-term projects to complete!)

On a different note, I saw Lorraine's finished stole last night at work, and it looks very nice! Made in Bernat Boa yarn, in silvery greys, I want one for myself. Well, I say I want one. I want to make once, and possibly have it in my possession. I doubt I'd ever find a reason to actually wear it. The only use for it would be for costumes, or perhaps for selling. Still, I think she said it took about 3 balls, so give me $20 and a bunch of spare time, and I could make one. What I do with it afterwards is anybody's guess.

Laura and I have made a date to go knit in the back of the Feel Good store on Tuesday. They have back rooms filled with couches for customers to use, and a wide variety of teas to drink, and always welcome people in to use said back rooms and drink said tea. To me, it seems like the perfect place to go and knit for an afternoon. Someone came by work last night who said they'd just learned to knit, and was really enjoying it, and so I invited her to come along and join us. I'd love to start a proper knitting group in this city. I enjoy the feel of being a part of something like that.

I suppose it's time to go stick Buffy in the DVD player again, and see what progress I can make on The Unnamed. I think taht's my daytime knitting project, and Black Magic is my nighttime one. It seems fitting, given their colours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home