Knit by Night

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Well-laid plans.

I got a whole two rows of knitting done today. Such a procrastinator, I. At least I did have other things to do at the time, though, that took my mind from rows and stitches.

I've decided, though, that once all the hustle and bustle of making Yule presents has ended, I'm going to make myself a bathroom shawl. I have a sensitive stomach, you see, and some foods send me into the bathroom for half an hour or more. It gets pretty cold in there, and I think a nice comfy shawl would really take the edge off, make the gut pain a bit more bearable.

Of course, as I said, that'll come in the new year.

I really ought to make a list of all the projects that I need to do this year, and the ones I want to do next year. Since I have a tendency to start a project and not finish it (though this trend has decreased significantly since I started knitting), making a list and crossing things off as I go will certainly help with motivation.

I was chatting with Laura today, and tossing around the idea of starting a knitting circle in Saint John. The Feel Good Store would be an excellent place to do it, since they have back rooms with comfy counches that they encourage their customers to use for relaxation time. They also have some very good teas, which I've been looking for an excuse to try out. I'm sure if this thing is started, it'll just be Laura and I for the longest time, but really, that's fine by me. The more the merrier, but if it's just the two of us, that can be fun also.

It would definitely help if I knew more people in Saint John that knit for leisure and pleasure. Sometimes I wonder if my friends are the only ones that bother to. Shame, really. Knitting can be a relaxing and satisfying hobby.

Maybe we'll gather together a group of outcast knitters, and call ourselves Out of the Loop. (Yes, I came up with that title. Occasionally I end up saying witty things. Not often, but it's not unheard of, either.)

I think I'll run downstairs and see how Rachel's doing with her cloak pattern. I really can't wait to see that when it's all done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home