Knit by Night

Monday, October 17, 2005

After weeks of monotony, I finally finished the first panel of The Unnamed! Huzzah! The identical final panel won't take nearly so long, though. The reason this one took forever was because first the fog walked over it and pulled out a load of stitches, and then I didn't touch it for weeks.

I figure I'm going to start on The Unnamed's twin, though, in black. This will prevent me from finishing the first Unnamed and getting sick of the pattern, and just saying, "Meh, I'll find something else to give Jenny for Christmas." If I have two unfinished projects, I'll be compelled to finish them, and that way they'll actually get finished.

There's such a sense of accomplishment associated with finishing this half of The Unnamed. First lacy pattern ever done (not that it was hard), and just the way it looks! The cast on was a fair bit tighter than the bind off, which gives it an interesting diagonal appearance that I like. I'm sure the pattern said "bind off loosely", so my guess is that it's supposed to be that way. Still, even if it isn't, I like it.

Now, on to the first half of The Unnamed's black twin. Which needs a name. I'm thinking I'll just call it Black Twin for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Agnes said...

Hey Winter, glad to know that you are feeling better now. Is there any way I can contact you? I can't find your email anywhere ... you can send me a message at sengalam at yahoo dot com.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home