Knit by Night

Thursday, October 06, 2005

So, I have the strangest idea.

Veils. Knit on very small needles, with one strand of DMC embroidery floss. Or any kind of floss, really. And by strand, I don't mean the entire 6-ply skein. I mean 1 strand of that 6-ply skein, to make it really thin and gauzy.

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that veils like this could be really fun to knit. Fiddly, but fun. I get the feeling that'll be something I try once all my Yule projects are out of the way, too. (Unless anyone I know would like a veil for Yule, that is.)

I knit 4 more blanket squares last night, and started on a fifth before getting too tired to continue. This makes 12 done so far. Not many, given that they're all rather small, but every little bit counts. Since the baby blanket requires a pattern that I haven't quite memorized yet, and The Unnamed managed to run away somewhere (I'll find it soon, I hope), mindless square knitting is productive, and keeps my hands busy while Rachel and I watch X-Files episodes.

Being sick is the pits right now. You'd think it'd give me good knitting time, but I can barely keep my mind focussed for an hour, let alone the time it takes to actually knit something. At least something that required me to actually pay attention to it (which is why X-Files episodes and blanket squares are a good idea at the moment). I try to play video games, to read, to knit, to sleep, but I can't seem to do anything for a long stretch. I'd love to be sleeping right now, but as much as my body needs it, it won't let me have any.

Dumb body.

3 Comments:

Blogger Agnes said...

Oh, sorry to read that you're sick. Take care and get well soon.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

I can't imagine knitting anything so fine. I'd love to see pictures, when you get your camera out again. And I'm sorry to hear you're sick.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Bonnie said...

Hope you feel better soon!!! And knitting single strands of embroidery floss.......goodness that is some dedication!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home