Knit by Night

Friday, November 11, 2005

Huzzah!

Duckie's scarf arrived at its destination yesterday. You can pictures of it here, if you're interested. I'm glad she likes it. All she requested was something that'll help keep her warm through the winter, so I figured that would indeed do the trick. 'Tis a cozy scarf.

More progress was made yesterday on the baby blanket, though not as much as I'd have liked, given that I spent last night at the gym party (which rocked, by the way. Full of tasty snacks and fun exercising), followed by coming home and becoming entranced by Rachel playing Castlevania: Lament of Innocence. Today, though, since it's a holiday and I have no obligations other than walking the dog, will be spent knitting more of it. Bit by bit, it'll come along.

The people I've shown it to so far think it looks decent. The stitches are loose, given that I'm working with a slightly larger needle than I normally would, but that just means it'll be a good springtime blanket, as well as being big enough to wrap Sean all up with in the winter months, too. Double bonus! (Or something.)

After this come the socks (hopefully) and the wrap that I've decided would be even better for Jenny than the poncho or the scarf, then the baldy hat, and I'm all done my knitted Christmas gifts! Huzzah!

Of course, then I have to finish sewing up the Griffin plushie, make the Shigure figure and the yukata, and throw together a book of puzzles, but actually, those things won't take me too long. The puzzle book will be the longest, but if I actually work on that little by little while Rachel's at work, it'll get done quickly enough.

Still, time's a-wastin'!

1 Comments:

Blogger Agnes said...

Wow ... I like that colour ... lovely scarf you've made! Is it true that you'll get a scarf from another knitter too?

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home