Knit by Night

Monday, November 21, 2005

Stuck-in-the-House Day!

After a foot injury last night (involving a refrigerator door and a large flap of skin hanging off the back of my heel), I have learned that it is now too painful for me to put on sneakers. Which sucks, because I actually have things I needed to do today. I needed to go get a money order. I needed to walk the dog. I needed to go to the gym for my final personal trainer appointment.

As it is, now I need to call my PT and tell her I can't make it. I'll try and stick my sneakers on again after some painkillers, and if that works, I'll be able to walk the dog and go get the money order, but I don't think I'm too up for weight lifting and treadmills when I'm in pain and limping.

So if I can put my sneakers on, I can still spend most of the day knitting. If I can't . . . I can spend even more of the day knitting.

The baby blanket is coming along, little by little. It's now more than half as long as it is wide, which is good, given that it's about 25 inches wide. Still got a fair way to go, though. I'd say I'm maybe 1/3 - 1/4 done. Should be done in time for Christmas.

Luke's asked for a pretty easy present. A new scarf. Nothing fancy, really (I somehow doubt that a lacy pattern would suit him :p), but I'm thinking some of the Shetland Chunky that I used for the snake scarf and the bathroom shawl, though in different colours. Maybe something nicely variegated. I can pick up 2 balls when I get some more weight-loss money, and knit him up a quick scarf in a day or two, at most. That takes care of that present.

Suppose I ought to go take those pain killers and call Tiffany and let her know I'm not coming today. This is the second appointment I've had to cancel, and I feel bad about it, but really, I don't think I can do it today.

3 Comments:

Blogger yahaira said...

huh? wha? piece of skin flapping? shudder

how about clogs or sandals? : )
or just stay home and knit!

12:23 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

oops I meant to say feel better! and thanks for the compliments on the clap

12:24 PM  
Anonymous TangledJane said...

Dear Knit by Night, I'd love to know what happens when you unravel all those yarns and reknit. I'm thinking of ripping up scarves and weaving them into my wierd concoctions. Anything can be yarn and yarn can be anything.

Tangled Jane

Janethornley.com

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home