Knit by Night

Friday, December 09, 2005

I do need to keep up with this thing more.

I've been away from this blog so much over the past few weeks that I've still got a mountain of catching up to do. In regards to reading other blogs, that is. At least 2 weeks have passed since I last really read anything. I did a bit today, but . . . Well, there's still so much more.

I've taken a break from the baby blanket to work on Jenny's scarf. Every time I look at it, I go, "Hmmm, I wonder if I made it too wide. It looks too wide, really." 24 stitches cast on doesn't seem like much, but really, 20 would have suited it better. But I've come along so far (and to be truthful, 'so far' isn't really that far at all) that I don't want to rip it all back and start over. If I run out of yarn before it's a good enough length, I'll just buy another ball, gosh darn it!

But at the same time, I don't fancy sitting through the whole project saying to myself, "It still looks a bit too wide . . ."

But is it just me thinking it's too wide? It could be just perfect, and because I happen to like thinner scarves that end up longer, I could just be imposing my own personal bias on it. There could really be no problem at all.

Damnable brain.

On a different note, I can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing when you see someone wearing a scarf, and not only can you tell that the scarf was handmade, you can also tell what yarn it was made from. Opinions on this? Am I going insane, or just taking another step into the knitting world?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home