Knit by Night

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

One down, one to go.

I finished the midnight scarf last night, and got a start on the Falliage scarf, which is made from a nice boucle yarn in beige, red-brown, and green. Nice earthy colours, hence the name (a combination of 'fall' and 'foliage'). I have until Saturday to finish it, which shouldn't be a problem, provided I work on it constantly.

Of course, I still have the baby blanket to finish, but basically, I'm going to just finish up what I can once the scarves are done. It's not the biggest blanket it could be, but it's still a decent size right now, so, given that I have limited time, anything I add on from now I'm just considering to be a bonus.

So, the holiday craft-a-thon is almost complete. Soon I'll be back to more sedate, deadlineless knitting, possibly finally starting that shawl I've wanted to make for a while. Or maybe use some of the gorgeous yarn that Tsaiko sent me the other day. Wonderfully soft, fine, and plenty of it. I'm sure I can find something fun to make out of it. I'm contemplating using one ball to make some wrist-warmers. Not that isn't especially cold in the call centre I now work in, but I'll do anything to help prevent my hands and wrists from going wonky again. I'll be doing a lot of typing, and I don't want any flare-ups of pain, like the ones back when I did data entry. Plus the yarn's so soft, I can only imagine the joy of feeling it next to my skin all day. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

I know what you mean about chilly-typing hands. Sometimes it's a little chilly in my office and my fingertips turn purple. That doesn't happen a lot though. I used my fingerless mitts while knitting at home where it isn't very toasty. :)

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home