Knit by Night

Friday, January 06, 2006

There's no hope for me.

On my lunch break, I went to the Giant Tiger (a discount department store) to get something to eat. My stomach's been finicky these past few days, barely keeping anything down, but I figured it's better to eat something than nothing.

However, I walked into the store and saw a yarn sale. Lion Brand Wool Ease and Kool Wool on sale for 99 cents a ball.

I bought 3 balls of Wool Ease White Frost, a soft and kinda shimmery wool/acrylic/nylon blend. Heck, it was only $3 plus tax. How could I refuse? I may even go back tomorrow before work, to snatch up some more balls!

. . . It's a sad sad day when I choose yarn over food. Or, on the flip side, it's a good day. Food, after all, may have made me sick again. Yarn certainly won't do that. A bag of chips can't keep me amused for hours while I turn it into something I can wear.

The problem is that now (in addition to not having any food) I have yarn sitting in front of me, while the phones at work are still busy and I have no knitting needles. *bites lip in vexation* If I had foreseen the sale, I could have planned ahead and brought a set with me, and just sat knitting a simple shiny scarf or something. But now I have to wait until I get home . . .

I have to find a new place to store my yarn anyway. I'm currently keeping it in numerous grocery bags, what with me not having any6 better place to store it. I'm thinking of putting that all in one big garbage bag, just to save some space. Or at the very least, to keep it all in one space. :p

1 Comments:

Blogger Agnes said...

Your post scared me ... thinking what happened? Okay, so now I know you are alright ... even with more yarns! LOL!
Happy New Year ... hope everything goes well for you.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home