Knit by Night

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Yarn Whoring.

Yeah, I was a yarn slut today. I fought my way through a crowd of old people, who were surrounding the bin full of yarn, in order to grab another 7 balls. Another ball of the white shimmery stuff I mentioned yesterday. 3 balls of black sportweight, and 3 balls of chunky yarn that is of a colour somewhere between magenta and maroon. Quite nice. Damned if I know what I'm going to turn it into, but really, for $1 a ball, for a decent brand (Lion Brand), I wasn't going to pass it up.

I'm going to have to exercise a lot of self control to not go back down there on my lunch break to snatch up all the leftovers, too. :p

I think I'm going to turn the shimmery white yarn into a simple shawl. It'll look nice, I imagine. I also imagine that it'd be a great piece of a Snow Queen costume. :p Y'know, if I ever decide to dress up as a Snow Queen. Either way, it'll be nice and fun to knit up. Just as soon as I get a set of circulars, I'll start on it. I'm already getting tired of knitting blanket square after blanket square.

It's annoying to have yarn sitting next to me here at work, and me not being able to do anything with it. *frown* Once again, I demonstrated no foresight. I should have brought needles. At least I could have started knitting another simple scarf or something. I don't really need another scarf, but they sure are fun to knit. Keeps my hands busy, and when my hands are busy with simple knitting, my brain settles down for a comfy cozy nap. Even brains need naps sometimes.

Hmmm . . . maybe the magentaroon yarn would turn into a nice hat. It have a hat at home, but it doesn't cover my ears, which get cold really easily, and in turn give me a headache. I normally have to tie my scarf around my head to prevent that. If I knit myself a hat with earflaps, or even just a deeper hat than I already have, that'd solve that problem.

Hmmm, project ideas!

(I also alerted my toaster-cozy-wanting coworker to the yarn sale at Giant Tiger. He says he'll probably go down there on his lunch break to check it out. I need to start looking up a good pattern for this cozy, just in case. :p)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home