Knit by Night

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Not-so-common yarn!

I went shopping at Value Village today and managed to find something incredible. Well, I go there to buy sweaters, you see, to unravel for the yarn, since I'm a cheap/poor little bugger, and can't get my hands on many natural fibres.

Anyway, what did I see poking out from a rack of men's sweaters but something soft and tan. I checked the label, of course, and to my pleasant surprise, it was 100% camel.

I have camel hair sitting in my room! A whole sweater's worth of lace-weight camel yarn, and I suspect it's undyed, too. Ooh, I can't wait to unravel it and knit it up into something good!

I also found a gorgeous angora/lambswool sweater with the biggest halo I'd ever seen! I swear, I could comb that thing and get enough rabbit fur to make a matching scarf! I have no idea how that's going to come apart, given the hugeness of the fluffy halo, but it's worth a shot. If it doesn't work out, I'm only out $8, after all.

I also found a bag of yarn for $2 . . . Rich colours, mostly blue and black, and I'm pretty sure it was wool, but there was no tag, and I couldn't tell. And then there were the three cones of something called jute, which I had to go and look up just exactly what it was. I somehow doubt it'd be very good for knitting. I'm glad I passed it over.

I haven't been doing much knitting lately, alas. My mind just hasn't been on it, and I'm finding my time taken up by too many other things. The most I've been knitting are those never-ending blanket squares. I'd be knitting my mother's present, but I somehow managed to lose one of the needles. Grrr. I think I know where it might be, but so far, searching for it has yielded nothing. I'd better find it soon, or else I might not be able to get her gift finished on time.

Oh, and then there's Shelley's baby, who's due in May. I promised to make a blanket for him to be wrapped in . . . Jeepers, I'd better get back in the knitting groove soon, or else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home