Knit by Night

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Now that I know I can . . .

Great. I get the feeling that I'll be spending my night at work browsing eBay, looking at all the handspun yarns that I want and can't afford. I sure know how to torture myself!

Spinning is something I've wanted to learn how to do for a while, but haven't had the materials to learn with. Sure, I do have a bunch of dog hair saved up for when I learn, but that stuff's so special that I don't want to use it to learn with. I'd rather save that for when I know that I know what I'm doing. And otherwise, I have no access to roving.

At least, nothing that's in my price range. I can get a tiny amount of roving from Cricket Cove for about $20 or so, which, while it's nicely dyed, I don't want to spend a ton of money on when I know it's something I'll be messing up on a lot.

I think I just need to go to a farm and steal a sheep. That might be the cheapest way to do all this.

I know that with my recycled sweaters scheme, I'll get lots of practice plying yarns, since a lot of them are so thin that they need to be combined with something else. At least that'll be something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home