Knit by Night

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Plushies!

Since I recently went out and got another sweater to unravel for yarn, I've been thinking of all kinds of fun things to do with it. I've finally settled on making plushies. The yarn's perfect for it. It's a thick soft forest green chenille that's in good condition, about worsted weight. Maybe a teensy bit thicker, but not by much. Either way, I was thinking of making some plushies out of it, since I also have a crapload of stuffing that I'm probably not going to use elsewhere.

Of course, I probably won't keep all these plushies for myself. I just want to make them. Making them is the fun part. (As soon as I find that damned horse pattern, I'll get right to work, too!) But what can I do with all the rest? I'll only want to keep one, really.

I was thinking of maybe donating them. Going up to the hospital and handing a bunch of them over to the children's ward and saying, "Here. Give a sick kid a plushie. It's 100% acrylic, so it won't mess up any allergies. It's safe and easy to wash, just to be on the safe side. Give a frightened kid something to love and hug, will ya?"

Of course, this simple plan makes me want to just go and buy a whole load of sweaters like that, and make entire garbage bags full of them to give out.

So, what's stopping me?

Absolutely nothing. *goes to find a pattern*

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Plushies! Donating them is such a sweet idea. Post pics of them if you can.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Joli Gee said...

I love making "plushies," especially teddy bears. Now I'm inspired to try some more colorful creatures--maybe the "plotz from cuteness" kitty on knitty.com.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home